- Billions of day old "wrong sex" chicks smothered or ground up.
- Searing the beaks of billions of birds.Tail docking, teeth pulling, castration, teat removal, ear tagging, dehorning, ALL without anesthetic.
- Isolation, confinement, force feeding, drugs, artificial light, artificial food, artificial insemination.
- Living in your own waste.
- Unable to move a limb or stretch your wings.
- Unable to socialize or mate.
- Being raped. Being caged. Being tethered.
- Separated from your young at birth.
Animal ag defends that these practices are "in state-of-the-art, climate-controlled facilities"...
True, the dairy cow who has never seen grass, is probably housed in air conditioning. The pig who cannot turn his body is likely to be misted a few times hourly. And the caged chicken lays her miserable eggs on a fast moving conveyor system.
It is all so "civilized" indeed. Animal ag says this is "necessary to protect animals"... "from predators".... Fess up animal ag - it's about profits and units. And your animal killing, meat-eating culture is the animal's worst "predator".
As suggested in this article - I intend to tell all my friends and neighbors and anyone else who will listen about all the things that are done to "food" animals. I am going to send them to see videos. I am going to be a strong advocate for the Movement "afoot" which tells consumers they have other compassionate and healthier choices. I'm going to invite them to question the ethics and "need" of such cruel "choices" to continue. Animal ag is right about one thing: we are not going away. We are going Vegan.