For your conveinence I have provided a list of possible excuses one might use to "care" but not alter the buying/eating practices that cause such a holocaust of newborn innocent life:
- It is necessary to eat eggs and chickens.
- The chicks probably didn't feel a thing.
- It was an accident.
- This is the way "poultry" is grown.
- These warehouses should have sprinklers.
- This doesn't happen often.
- The chickens/eggs I eat are "humanely" raised/killed.
- I try not to think of it.
- I like the taste of chickens/eggs too much live without them.
Now if one of these "reasons" (or one I haven't listed) is what you use to continue to eat chickens and eggs - Please leave a comment as to what flavor of morale dissonance you've selected. I shall be more than happy to help guide you in a more enlightened direction.